Food Handlers Permit

How to Get a Utah Food Handlers Permit

A Utah Food Handlers Permit is required for food handlers working in Utah. Your Food Handlers Permit must be issued by the Utah County where you will be working. Your permit is valid for 3 years and is accepted in all Utah counties.

Steps to getting your Food Handler Permit for Utah

  • 1. Make sure you need a Food Handler Permit.
    Not every food worker is required under Utah Law. If you have questions, ask your employer or your local county health official.
  • 2. Make sure you do not need Manager's Food Safety training.
    If you will be acting as the Person-In-Charge, you may need a more extensive course. If you have questions, ask your employer or your local County health official.
  • 3. Find a Utah approved online training provider like eFoodhandlers Inc. Please be aware that there is an extra $15 Health Department Fee that is charged by Utah for the processing of your permit. This is assessed during the time of payment.
  • 4. Take the food safety training class specifically built around Utah laws. Upon completion, you will earn a Certificate of Completion which entitles you to work in food service work until your permanent permit arrives.
  • 5. Your Permit should arrive by mail This can take up to 30 days. Contact Customer Service or your local health department if it does not arrive.
See the ANSI logo for eFoodhandlers Inc:

To read more about the requirements for a Utah Food Handlers Card, click here.


Copyright © 2009-2019 eFoodHandlers Inc.

18:27:17 PM